Skip to Main Content

Scholarship Programs

DHA offers New scholarships to Resident High School Seniors an opportunity for a scholarship and all continuing college students a continuing scholarship.  Only requirement is to reside in Allen Wilson, Swanton Heights or Trinity Walk apartments.  

For more information email Mr. Corey Bivens or call him at 404-373-2949.

To apply for a Continuing Scholarship click here

Is there a student in your home that is a graduating HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR who is preparing to enter college?

Is there a COLLEGE STUDENT in your home who needs financial assistance to remain in school?

Are you wondering how are you going to pay for their college education?

If you answered "yes", please encourage your students to apply for these scholarships especially for scholars who are living in Public or Assisted Housing (Section 8).

GAHRA High School Student Scholarship

Deadline February 23, 2022


  1. Current resident, with at least two years of residency (not required to be consecutive), of federally assisted housing or as a recipient of assistance through the Community Development Block Grant Program.
  2. Graduated or expected to graduate from High School this school year.

GAHRA Adult Student Scholarship

Deadline February 23, 2022

Adult Student Scholarships are designed to provide the opportunity for adults to attend college and make a positive difference in the lives of their families.  The scholarship is to help cover the cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies, and other related expenses.

In order to be eligible for an Adult Student Scholarship, you must be a resident who is a non-traditional student.  A non-traditional student is defined as a resident age 18 and up who has graduated from high school or received a GED; however, delayed enrolling in college or technical school for at least a year.  The resident must meet the following criteria:

  • Current resident, with at least two years of residency (not required to be consecutive), of federally assisted housing or as a recipient of assistance through the Community Development Block Grant Program.
  • Is in good standing with Housing Authority or Community Development Agency (no lease violations).
  • Must have earned high school diploma or GED at least one year ago.
  • Must currently be enrolled in a full- or part-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school.
  • *** Must "not" have previously been awarded a GAHRA scholarship.

For more information email Mr. Corey Bivens 

NAHRO Merit College Scholarship/NAHRO-LDG Scholars Program 

  • Three (3) $12,000 scholarships over four years to assist with tuition and fees which will also include:
  • $3,000 a year for up to three years, as a summer internship stipend
  • Networking opportunities with business and community leaders 

Applicants must submit an essay of 750-1,000 words to answer the following questions: "Where do you see yourself in the next four years and how will this scholarship help you achieve those goals?" and "What are you doing now to achieve those goals?"

PHADA Scholarship Programs

Three scholarships will be awarded:

Stephen J. Bollinger Memorial Scholarship ($7,000) will be awarded at the PHADA Annual Convention and Exhibition. The winner will also receive a trip for him/herself and one parent/guardian to attend the convention.

Freedom & Civil Rights Scholarship ($5,000) - Students must submit a personal essay (350-500 words) demonstrating their efforts and achievements in furthering the values of the civil rights movement. Explain why the cause is still relevant in communities today and how they relate to your educational goals. Include any relevant volunteer experiences and community involvement activities relating to advancing the cause of civil rights.

Nan McKay Pathway to Achievement Scholarship ($5,000)

The scholarships will be awarded by the Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA) which is an organization of 1900 housing authorities across the United States. PHADA also serves as an advocate before the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on a variety of regulations governing public housing nationwide.