DHA is committed to community partnership. These partnerships have to strengthen the broader community.
Decatur Active Living and Children Youth Services - Provides sports access and summer camp for residents
- Special Interest Camps
- Day Camps
- Tennis Camps
- Mobile Rec
- Children's Environmental Day
- Safe Routes to School
Wylde Center connects residents to nature, through educational programs, events, and greenspace.
- Science program and organic gardening program for youth
- Earth day
Decatur Makers provides S.T.E.A.M activities that allow students to work together to make things.
- Design Thinking Workshops
- Madison Boxcar Derby
- Makers Summer Instruction Program
- Decatur Makers Fair
Decatur Education Foundation works with DHA to ensure all residents (students) have resources, opportunities, and experiences in order to foster their growth and ensure their academic success.
DHA has successfully partnered for many years with the Decatur Education Foundation (DEF). DEF works to:
- Help individuals or organizations implement select ideas to support youth
- Fund special initiatives from City Schools of Decatur
- Host and manage scholarships and other funds for designated purposes
- Connect people and ideas with others to benefit Decatur youth
- Create or join collaborations to address needs and support programs, including the Decatur Housing Authority
- Back to School Event- Provide residents (youth) with physicals, haircuts, school supplies, and dental education.
- Madison Soapbox Derby
- Georgia Teen Institute (GTI)
- DEF Board
Decatur Police Department, ensure the safety of our residents and Staff. Promote and educate the community on positive policing.
- Information sessions
- Community Outreach and Socials (National Night Out and Popsicles with the Police)
Beacon Hill Black Alliance for Human Rights
- Pan African Festival, an event promoting innovation, culture, and economic empowerment to inform and inspire the community.