The Decatur Housing Authority (DHA) consistently maintains its commitment to providing excellent quality housing. The Housing Authority of the City of Decatur, Georgia (Decatur Housing Authority or DHA) was established in 1938 with a primary role of building and managing quality affordable housing for low to moderate income families. DHA has expanded its focus to include the revitalization of the Decatur community as a whole through the renewal and redevelopment of substandard housing, as well as improving facilities in the downtown area.
DHA seeks to offer low to moderate income families varied quality affordable housing alternatives. DHA owns 524 physical housing units in the City of Decatur, manages 1,118 housing vouchers in DeKalb County, and assists 166 senior housing units for a total of 1,808 families assisted.
- Affordable Rental Housing - Families pay 30% of adjusted income towards rent and utilities in DHA's affordable apartments located in Decatur. DHA owns and manages 400 affordable housing units in several communities in Decatur.
- Workforce Housing - DHA develops, owns and operates 124 workforce homes.
- There are 87 market-based rental units that are rented at sensible levels in order to provide reasonably prices opportunities for moderate income working families in Decatur.
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) - DHA has 37 LIHTC units at rent levels below market rate as additional workforce housing.
- Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) - Families pay 30% of adjusted income for rent and utilities in private rental housing located in DeKalb County. Section 8 HCV - 868 vouchers and 250 portable vouchers
- Section 8 Project Based Vouchers (PBV) - Families pay 30% of adjusted income for rent and utilities in 166 senior housing units.
- Homeownership - DHA has developed and rehabilitated numerous homeownership and condominium homes since 2000. Ownership - 146 units. There are currently no homes available for purchase.
Below is a list of types of housing or helpful tools regarding housing that we offer at the Housing Authority of the City of Decatur GA. You can click on them to see what each one has to offer.