DHA serves approximately 1,578 persons in its affordable housing and workforce rentals within the City Limits of Decatur or about 6.6% of the overall city population of 25,000. DHA houses approximately 602 children aged 5 to 18 years who represent 9.5% of the 5,700 students who attend schools in the City School of Decatur District. DHA also assisted an additional 1,200 families in DeKalb County with Housing Choice Vouchers.
- In 2016, DHA had a $25.5 million impact on the local economy in the City of Decatur and DeKalb County with $15.5 million in direct housing assistance and the completion of the new 69-unit Trinity Walk Phase I, a $10 million affordable housing redevelopment project.
- In 2017, DHA had a budget of $16.5 million in direct housing assistance. With the completion of the 52-unit Trinity Walk Phase II another $10 million in affordable housing redevelopment was invested in the local economy for a total of $26.5 million.
- In 2018, DHA continued its major economic impact with our $16.5 million housing budget and the $8.5 million revitalization of Oakview Walk.
- In 2019, DHA's impact will be $16.5 million from its operating budget and $24.5 million in the redevelopment of Swanton Heights spread over 2020 and 2021.
- In 2020, DHA's impact was $16.7 million from its operating budget and $24.5 million in the redevelopment of the 98 units of Swanton Heights that was completed in 2022.