Prospective Landlord Checklist
Welcome and thank you for your interest in participating in Decatur Housing Authority's (DHA) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program. The Housing Choice program is always in need of well-maintained properties and knowledgeable, involved landlords. We encourage you to visit and thoroughly read the Landlord section to better understand the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program process.
Step 1: Listing your property for rent: Decatur Housing Authority utilizes the services of a non-profit organization, www.georgiahousingsearch.org for potential landlords to list their properties for rent. This is a FREE service to property owners and offers widespread marketing of your property. The company will walk you through the steps to list your property. You may also call them at 1-877-428-8844.
Step 2: If you choose a tenant who is a participant in Decatur Housing Authority's Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program (tenant has a voucher from Decatur Housing Authority) you will need to register with Decatur Housing Authority. You can register by picking up a landlord packet at our Central Office, 750 Commerce Drive, Suite 400, Decatur, Georgia 30030 - Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or by accessing www.decaturhousing.org.
Please use the check list below to eliminate delay in processing and submit accordingly.
1. Owner completes a Landlord Packet
- Registering Property
- Owner Information Form
- Direct Deposit (owner's original ink signature)
- Change Information Form
- W-9 (owner's original ink signature)
2. Owner's W-9, Direct Deposit Authorization (All forms listed require original owner signature).
3. As manager, you may encounter signature restrictions, for example, owner's W-9, Direct Deposit Authorization. Such forms require original owner signatures.
Additional documents required with the completed packet, if using a management company are:
- Management agreement signed by both parties. (If applicable)
- (If using an agent) Employer's statement for agent: A clear copy of the agent's photo identification.
Additional documents required to submit with the completed packet are:
- IRS document assigning EIN for both owner and company. To obtain IRS document assigning EIN, the owner may call 1-800-529-4933, ask for business matters, complete IRS phone verification, EIN can be faxed directly.
- Certificate of Organization & Articles of Incorporation/Organization. To obtain Certificate of Organization & Articles of Incorporation the owner may visit 214 State Capitol, Atlanta, GA 30334 or phone 404-656-2851
- Recorded Warranty Deed
- W-9 completed for both owner and company, unless owner owned and operated
- Blank Pre-printed voided check. (PHYSICAL CHECK, NOT A PHOTOCOPY)
- Direct Deposit Form (must be the owner's signature)
Landlord Briefing Information - click here.
If you have any questions, please email the Housing Specialist or call (404)270-2100.