Decatur Housing Authority Launches New Website
The new "responsive" website, includes the logo modifications and allows users to easily navigate the website no matter what device is used to view the website (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone).
To help make this new website more accessible for all users (including those using adaptive technology), it has been built using Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 to address American with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility guidelines.
Some of the features/functions on the new website include:
- Easy access to Landlords, Section 8 Housing, Affordable Housing, Resident Services and COVID Info
- Prominent links on homepage for Help Center, Portability, Development, Landlords and Procurement
- Housing Programs pages include information on Affordable Housing, Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) and more
- Resident Services pages include information on Community Service, Coronavirus Information & Resources, Education & Youth Services, Resident Resources, Scholarships and more
- Our Communities - Find housing properties in your area by type of property with a convenient map or listing view
- Procurement pages allow vendors to join Bidders List
- Sign Up for News - Those interested in subscribing can sign up on the website to receive news (via text/email) & can also (at any time) change their subscription or unsubscribe
- Publishing to subscribers via text/email - a great way to stay informed about things happening
- Calendar feeds four events to the home page with quick links to the complete interactive calendar
- News feeds to the home page for quick review of the three latest news articles posted on the site
All residents, landlords and the general public are encouraged to visit the website and sign up for news & notifications. Website administrators will be able to publish important information including upcoming events, news and more to those who have subscribed. The new website will be updated continually with new information that will benefit all residents, landlords and the public at large.
Brooks Jeffrey Marketing, based in Mountain Home, Arkansas, was awarded the contract for the new responsive website. Established in 1984, Brooks Jeffrey Marketing provides integrated marketing solutions: advertising, branding, photography, public relations, promotional items, websites & social media campaigns to businesses, government entities & non-profits throughout the US. Brooks Jeffrey offers customized integrated marketing solutions to Housing Authorities (www.BrooksJeffrey.com).