Board of Commissioners MeetingBoard of Commissioners
M E M O R A N D U M
October 04, 2022
TO: Chair Melissa B. Heffner & Housing Authority Commissioners Board of Directors of Preserving Affordable Housing, Inc.
FROM: Douglas S. Faust, CEO/Executive Director-Secretary/Treasurer, DHA Secretary/Treasurer, Preserving Affordable Housing Inc.
SUBJECT: NOTICE ANNUAL MEETING
The joint Regular Meeting of the Board of Commissioners ("DHA") of the Decatur Housing Authority, and the Board of Directors (PAH I) of Preserving Affordable Housing, Inc. will be held on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, at 4:30 PM. At the offices of the Authority, 750 Commerce Drive Suite 400, Decatur, Georgia. DHA has determined in the interest of public safety related to COVID-19 issues and emergencies to not conduct the Board meeting in person. The meeting will be conducted by Zoom to minimize the number of persons gathered for the meeting and minimize contacts. Persons interested in attending the Board meeting by Zoom must contact Mr. John Janick at 404-270-2109 before 4:00 PM on the date of the Board Meeting to secure the necessary credentials for meeting participation.
The agenda will include:
- Oath of Office Commissioner Chet Burge - October 1, 2022, to September 30, 2027.
- Oath of Office Commissioner Belinda Seats - October 1, 2022, to September 30, 2023.
- Election of Officers
- Vice Chairperson
- Assistant Secretary
- Approval of the Minutes of the DHA and PAH Meeting of September 14, 2022.
- Executive Director's Report
- Housing Choice Voucher Program Report
- Technical Services Department Report
- Property Management Report
- Finance Department Report
- Consideration of a Resolution by DHA accepting the Authority's Financial Reports for August 2022.
- Consideration of a Resolution by DHA approving the Monthly DHA Credit Card Statement.
- Discussion of Board Development and Training.
- Consideration of a Resolution approving the 2022 HCV utility Allowance.
- Consideration of a Resolution approving Amendments to Chapter 4 of the Administrative Plan regarding initial issuance of general-purpose vouchers to Referrals from Agencies.
- Executive Session
- Consideration of a Motion to enter Executive Session
- Consideration of a Motion to close the Executive Session and enter back into the Regular Meeting.
- Any other business to lawfully come before the Board